5.1 – Disciplinary
Employees will be immediately terminated for any of the following offences:
- harming or threatening any person with a weapon at work or a company function
- intentional misuse or tampering of company property including safety equipment
- failure to notify the supervisor of impairments that could cause safety hazards
- possession or use of alcohol or illegal drugs at work
Training & Notification
Whenever the situation warrants, the site supervisor or designate will train or notify workers of necessary company requirements anytime they are witnessed or suspected of non-compliance.
- Should a worker display continued or intentional non-compliance, the site supervisor or designate will verbally notify or discuss the identified problematic situations with the worker in an attempt to correct the problem.
- Should a worker display further continued or intentional non-compliance, the site supervisor or designate will issue a written warning and discuss the identified problematic situations with the worker in an attempt to deter the problematic situation from reoccurring.
- Should the problematic situation continue, the site supervisor may terminate the worker as a way to punish the problematic situation(s).
- Whenever progressive disciplinary action is used, a clear description of the issues will be documented by the site supervisor or designate on the Non-Compliance Form.
- All completed Non-Compliance Forms will be signed by the site supervisor or designate and the worker (except verbal warnings), and sent to the head office as soon as practicable; no copies will be made or kept onsite.
Senior management will review all completed Non-Compliance Forms received at the head office and take appropriate action.